Mabu Thermas & Resort
Foz do Iguaçu, PR - Brazil

September 18 - 23, 2016

SUSTAINABLE CITRICULTURE:
the role of applied knowledge

Keynote Lecturer

FAPESP Research Foundation - Brazil

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Short Bio

Carlos H Brito Cruz is an electronic engineer and a physicist, his is a professor at the Gleb Wataghin Physics Institute, of the State University of Campinas (Unicamp), where he was the rector from 2002 to 2005. He graduated in electronic engineering at the Aeronautics Technology Institute of (ITA in the Portuguese acronym). He took a master's degree and a doctorate at Unicamp's Gleb Wataghin Physics Institute. He has been a professor at the Unicamp’s Physics Institute since 1982. Presently is a full professor at the Quantum Electronics Department.

Brito Cruz was a visiting researcher at the Quantum Optics Laboratory at the Universitá di Roma, at the Femtosecond Research Laboratory at the Universitè Pierre et Marie Curie. and a resident researcher at the AT&T's Bell Laboratories, in Holmdel, New Jersey. At Unicamp he was the Director of Unicamp's Physics Institute from 1991 to 1994 and from 1998 to 2002; Pro-rector for Research from 1994 to 1998, and Rector of the university from 2002 to 2005. He was the the President of FAPESP from 1996 to 2002.

Brito Cruz is a member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He received the Ordre des Palmes Academiques de France, the Order of the Scientific Merit from the Federative Republic of Brazil and the Order of the British Empire, Honorary (OBE) in 2015.

Summary of lecture

Research for innovation strategies in São Paulo, Brazil

In the state of São Paulo in Brazil there is a lively environment for research and development (R&D). The state responds for 33% of Brazil’s GDP and for 45% of the scientific articles published by Brazilian authors yearly. Most of the R&D expenditures, 60%, are executed by the business sector. This is in contrast with what happens in the rest of Brazil, where most of the R&D expenditures are carried with national government funding. Out of the other 40% sourced from governmental sources, 14% come from the national government and 24% from the state government. Again this contrasts with the practice in the rest of Brazil where state governments have a much smaller role in funding R&D.

In this talk we will discuss the strategies used in the state of São Paulo for fostering innovation and economic and social development, which mix national and state government initiatives. They include a program of science and technology parks in association with universities and research institutions, the facilitation of business R&D through tax breaks and subsidies, special subsidies for small business R&D, and the facilitation of business university joint R&D.

Sponsors

Diamond Sponsor

bayer
yara
pratts
cutrale

Golden Sponsor

fundecitrus
arysta
citrosuco
itaipu

Silver Sponsor

samarita
cambuhy
integrada
ticofrut
sidel
ldc
mutua
solpack

Bronze Sponsor

agromillora
defensive agrovant
faro agricola
cocamar
metalfor
crb
crea
klabin

Supporters

secretaria parana3
fundacao araucaria3
fapesp
crdf
agrisus
cnpq
capes
ccqc
petrobras

Partners

gtacc
GCONCI - Grupo de Consultores em Citros
atda
Iguassu Convention & Visitors Bureau
londrina convention
embrapa
sgf
afinoa
nova citrus
eecb
ifu
inta
all plant
criattiva
tnt
tnt
agricenter
movix
fae

Organizers

laranja
ccsm
iac
apta
governo sp
fapeagro
iapar
governo pr

Official agency

F&B Eventos

All rights reserved - ICC 2019

Criação de sites e lojas virtuais