On behalf of the International Society of Citriculture, the Executive Organizing Committee of the International Citrus Congress 2016 invites young scientists to participate in the ICC Young Scientist Award 2016.
The Award was conceived to foster efforts of outstanding early-career researchers towards the development of the world citrus industry. Selected recipients will receive an honorable mention presented with a plaque recognizing their achievement. The first qualified recipient will also be granted with US$ 1,000.00 (one thousand dollars).
The ICC Young Scientist Award 2016 will be presented during the Closing Ceremony of the ICC 2016.
Application eligibility and requirements:
- The ICC Young Scientist Award application deadline is June 21st, 2016.
- Candidates must have completed their doctoral degree within the five years before September 18, 2016, must be a member of the International Society of Citriculture and registered to the ICC 2016.
- Each candidate shall submit only one research work for evaluation.
- Candidates must present a short curriculum vitae, a cover letter explaining how their work contributes to the citriculture, and a valid proof of doctoral degree achievement.
- Applications will be completed with submission of an extended abstract of the research work (maximum of 10 pages, including tables, figures and references, formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font size, 1.5 line spacing).
Please include the following documents in your PDF file in this order:
- Extended abstract of your research to be presented at the ICC2016
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (up to three-pages)
- A valid proof of Ph.D. achievement
Evaluation process: The Award Committee, composed by three to five members and appointed by the Executive Organizing Committee of the ICC 2016, will evaluate applications’ documents. Candidates selected will be invited to present their work, in a specific session of the ICC 2016, open to the public. Oral presentations duration will be 15 min, with other 5 min for discussions.
The award-winner not present at the session will be disqualified, awarding the second classified candidate.