Author guidelines for the preparation of contributions to ICC 2016 proceedings
All congress oral and poster presentations are eligible for publication in the Proceedings of the International Citrus Congress if a suitable manuscript is prepared according to these Guidelines and submitted through the on-line system of the Citrus Research & Technology (ISSN 2236-3122) - Citrus R&T (http://citrus.iac.sp.gov.br) untill February 15th, 2017. Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by invited Editors. The Proceedings will be published as a special issue of the Citrus R&T.
Citrus R&T is a journal publishing research related to citriculture, edited by the Centro APTA Citros Sylvio Moreira/Instituto Agronômico (IAC), APTA-SAA, São Paulo State, Brazil. Since its foundation, Citrus R&T has been a remarkable, permanent source of information on several areas related to the citrus industry. Intended readership includes researchers, agronomist engineers, biologists, extensionists as well as citrus growers. Articles in citrus related areas are considered, if they contain information of direct significance to citriculture. All submissions must be in English.
Currently, Citrus R&T is Indexed by:
- AGRICOLA http://agricola.nal.usda.gov/;
- CAB International http://www.cabi.org/;
- FAO-Agris-Caris (http://www.fao.org/AGRIS/);
- BINAGRI (Agrobase) http://www.agricultura.gov.br/;
- PERI (USP) (http://www.esalq.usp.br/biblioteca/);
- Portal Livre (http://livre.cnen.gov.br/Inicial.asp);
- Platform Periódicos Capes (http://www.periodicos.capes.gov.br)
All ICC delegates are welcome to submit their manuscripts for publication in the special issue of Citrus R&T. Manuscripts should be submitted on line before deadline to avoid unnecessary delay in the reviewing process and editing. Submission of a manuscript implies that its publication has been approved by all co-authors.
In this special issue of Citrus R&T, the copyright to a manuscript submitted and accepted for publication should be transferred to the Editors. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form or any other reproductions of similar nature.
Preparation of manuscripts
Manuscripts should be written in a program compatible with the Windows system and submitted electronically at http://citrus.iac.sp.gov.br/. The text should be presented in A4 paper size (210 x 297 mm), double-spaced with 3-cm margins, Times New Roman font, size 12, with lines and pages showing continuous numeration. The full title should be in bold and only the first letter of each word in capital.
The International System of Units (IS) should be used. Genus and species should be presented in italics [example: Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck]. The full scientific name of a species should be written in the first citation, and then abbreviated in the rest of the text (example: C. sinensis).
Tables: should be numbered using Arabic numerals and always cited in text in consecutive numerical order. All tables should be provided as separate files and clearly identified. Abbreviations on text should be defined. Tables must avoid vertical lines and double lines and should restrict the use of horizontal lines to its end as well as to separate its top from the rest of the data. Footnotes to tables should be indicated by superscript lower-case letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data) and included beneath the table body.
Figures: should be indicated in the text and identified with clear and objective legends, listed and provided as files separately, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi, in TIF or JPEG format.
Types of manuscript
1. ARTICLE: should be limited to a maximum of 20 pages, including references, tables and figures, and contain: A) Title (clear and concise), B) Full name of the author(s), affiliation, and indication of the author for correspondence, with address (including e-mail); C) Abstract (should never exceed 250 words and includes brief introduction, goals, most relevant results and conclusions), D) Terms for indexation (maximum five words that reflect the article however should not be in the title), E) Introduction, F) Material and Methods, G) Results, Discussion (or Results and Discussion), H) Acknowledgements (optional), and I) References.
2. COMMUNICATION: a concise but complete description of a limited investigation that is intended for presentation of recent information on citrus research that is considered relevant for rapid announcement. It should not exceed 10 pages, including references, tables and figures. A) Title, B) Full name of the author(s), affiliation, and indication of the author for correspondence, with address (including e-mail), C) Abstract (not exceed 250 words), D) Terms for indexation (maximum five words that reflect the article however should not be in the title), E) The text should contain the body of the article, and may also be broken into subsections with short, informative headings, F) Acknowledgements (optional), and G) References.
Following the last name(s) of the author(s), only the first letter in capital, give the year of publication [example: Figueiredo (2005)]. If the reference has more than two authors, use “et al.” (not italic) to indicate additional authors, comma and year of publication (example: Figueiredo et al., 2011). If there are only two authors, use “&” between names [example: Mattos Jr & Laranjeira (2013)]. If more than one article is published by the same author(s) in the same year, use letters after the year of publication to differentiate them [example: Figueiredo et al. (2011a)]. For more than one citation in the text, authors should be separataed by “;” (example: Figueiredo et al., 2011; Mattos Jr & Laranjeira, 2007).
Personal communication must be placed in the footnote and should indicate the source and date (month/year) of information.
The list of references cited should be alphabetically (surname of the first author) chronologically sorted, as follows:
Hippler FWR, Cipriano DO, Boaretto RM, Quaggio JA, Gaziola SA, Azevedo RA, Mattos-Jr. D (2016) Citrus rootstocks regulate the nutritional status and antioxidant system of trees under copper stress. Environmental and Experimental Botany 130(10): 42-52.
Books and bulletins:
Mattos Jr D, De Negri JD, Pio RM, Pompeu Jr J (2005) Citros. Campinas: Instituto Agronômico e Fundag, 929p.
Collaboration in collective publications:
Müller GW, Targon MLNP, Carvalho AS, Souza AA & Rodrigues JCV (2005) Doenças de citros causadas por vírus e viróides. In: Mattos Jr D, De Negri JD, Pio RM & Pompeu Jr J (Eds). Citros. Campinas: Instituto Agronômico e Fundag, p. 569.
Annals/Proceedings of Congresses:
Coletta-Filho HD, Peroni LA, Souza AA, Takita MA, Stach-Machado DR (2011) Development and reactivity of polyclonal antibodies based on OMP sequences of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus. Proceedings of the IRCHLB, Orlando, FL, p.67.
Dissertation (Master) and Thesis (PhD):
Mattos Jr D (2000) Citrus response functions to N, P, and K fertilization and N uptake dynamics. PhD Dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA.
FORMAT: Author(s). Title. Name of the journal, city, volume, issue, first and last pages, date. Available on: <http://webpage>. Accessed on: day month (abbreviaton). year.
Lamari, L. Assess: Image analysis software for plant disease quantification. St. Paul: APS Press, 2002. 1 CD-ROM.
FUNDECITRUS – Fundo de Defesa da Citricultura. Citrus canker – survey data. Available on: <http://www.fundecitrus.com.br/Pagina/Default.aspx?IDPagina=106>. Accessed on: 5-out. 2012.
Paper should be submitted through the on line service at http://citrus.iac.sp.gov.br/. Deadline for full paper submission is November 15th, 2016.
Once received, a manuscript will be peer-reviewed by invited Editors. These reviewers will have up to 30 days to perform a first revision and contact with the corresponding author.
Authors will have up to 30 days to answer reviewers’ questions and Editors requirements prior acceptance. All the revision process (for reviewers and authors) will take place through the on line system at the Citrus R&T web site.
Citrus Research & Technology
CENTRO APTA CITROS SYLVIO MOREIRA - IAC
Rodovia Anhanguera, km 158 – P.O. Box 04
13490-970 Cordeirópolis (SP) - Brazil
Phone: +55 (19) 3546-1399